Friday, September 3, 2010

Why "Really Rapture Ready"?

This site was inspired by the excellent blog "Fundies Say the Darndest Things."  A few years ago someone linked me to the Rapture Ready Forums and I proceeded to 1) laugh my ass off and 2) post a dozen quotes a day from it to my Facebook wall.  This annoyed my friends and cluttered up my FB in an unattractive, fundamentalist sort of way.  I decided to create a space on the internet (one of many, no doubt) dedicated solely to discussing the particular type of "what the fuck?" that gets spouted on a daily basis over at RR.

A tiny disclaimer, if I may.  The vast majority of the people at RR are, I'm sure, well meaning and good people.  But if ever you needed proof of how badly some of our schools have failed some people, or of how a too-large percentage of people in this country can completely insulate themselves in a cocoon of Fox News, church, and talk radio, well, these are your people.  And yes, there are a core group of absolutely off-their-rocker types who deserve to be poked fun of.  And poke fun I will.

No comments: